Attracted to the thought of teaching in Thailand? Koh Samui is the place to teach whilst feeding your travelling bug. From the hustle and bustle of Chaweng Beach to the lively yet relaxed atmosphere of Lamai Beach, from the timeless feel of Bophut's Fisherman's Village to the tropical beach paradise of Maenam, Koh Samui is unique among Thailand's islands in maintaining an appeal for everyone…What are you waiting for?
A highly reputable school in Thailand is looking for the perfect candidate to lead their Music Department from January 2020. Located in the stunning area of Koh Samui this particular school follows the British Curriculum supported by the University of Cambridge curriculum programmes, and has a very strong emphasis on giving every child the chance to shine. They offer an extensive and stimulating curriculum covering a wide range of subjects and skills, as well as a comprehensive programme of after school activities, school trips, and excursions.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Head of Department Role Include;
- To provide inspirational, dynamic and clear leadership and management of the Music Department
- To grow the reputation of the school in music participation, instrumentalists and musical performances across the school and community
- To develop and promote a creative and innovative musical education for all students encouraging self-discipline, composure, concentration and individual development and performance skills
- To develop opportunities for students to gain experience of performing, both as solo performers and in ensembles
- To ensure a successful annual program of music/performances commensurate with the reputation of the school to encourage quality and participation in concerts, performances, activities and trips
- To work collaboratively with fellow professionals to produce high quality performances
- To be responsible for all aspects of peripatetic music lessons and provision (arranging weekly schedules to support music lessons for students, establish performance standards of peripatetic teachers, managing performance to ensure quality standards are maintained and provide guidance and support as required and provide all appropriate information to other departments (finance etc.) to support payment to peripatetic teachers
Package and Benefits Include;
- The salary will be very competetive and dependent on qualifications & experience (this will be discussed at interview stage)
- Housing allowance
- Private International Medical Insurance
- Annual Attendance Bonus
- A UK Degree (or equivalent)- preferably Honours
- A certified teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
- A distinguished record of teaching Music across a minimum of 2 key stages and an ability to teach Music to students across Primary and Senior (Years 1-9).
- A strong record of professional development
- Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England is preferred
- At least two years of teaching experience is a necessity
- Must be Native English Speaker
Interviews will take place asap by Skype and DIRECT will provide support with interview preparation.
DIRECT is a leading specialist teacher recruitment company with offices in Ireland and New Zealand. Uniquely, we only deal with direct contracts. Our teachers do not work through or are not paid by DIRECT – their contract is signed with their new school. We source full-time permanent posts and do not deal with part-time or day-to-day supply work. We help with relocation, interview preparation and also provide free training. All of our services are free to teachers.
Please apply online or email your CV with a profile photo to email@example.com