DIRECT is recruiting for an excellent Christian private school in Indonesia. The school requires 3 English Teachers for August 2019. One teacher is for KG level, one for Junior High and one for High School. The school was built in 1999 and currently has 1,200 children in grades PK-12th grade. English is the primary medium of instruction and students also learn Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesia. The school follows the Australian curriculum standards and uses American and Australian textbooks. In 2015 it received joint WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) accreditation. The school is housed in a beautiful campus in West Jakarta.
The school has clear goals that students will become independent critical thinkers, effective English communicators, prepared members of the global community and academically prepared as lifelong learners. They are also faithful followers of Christ. Teachers are expected to have active Christian faiths which they use to inspire and guide students. The school is a Christian environment. Teachers are required to be Christian and to be actively involved in developing the faith community within the school.
Applicants should have experience teaching English at the appropriate level and be fully qualified teachers. They should be fluent English speakers and practicing Christians. The Indonesian government has set guidelines for working papers of expats. All applicants must have 5 years’ teaching experience and be between the ages of 28 and 55.
An excellent Salary/Benefits package is on offer:
- Salary scale: 2500 to 3500 US$ per month (tax-free), depending on experience. Salary is paid in Indonesian Rupiah
- Christmas bonus
- The school covers Teachers’ monthly income tax.
- Furnished one-bedroom apartment located at Jalan Kembangan Raya, West Jakarta or teacher may find a rental house on their own.
- Transportation to and from school for teachers staying at school housing
- Hospitalization / insurance by third party within Indonesia for teacher and family
- Medical Care coverage including family, covering dental, optical frame and lenses, prescribed medication and doctor consultation.
- Teachers who have children enrolled at the school will get 80% discount on school fees and free admission fee
- School pays all costs related to the issuing of Indonesian working papers (including family)
- A roundtrip ticket paid every two years
The capital city of Indonesia is Jakarta. It is located in Northwest of Java. It is divided into 5 regions: North Jakarta, South Jakarta, East Jakarta, West Jakarta and Central Jakarta.
As the metropolitan city which populated by more than 10 million people, Jakarta has an incredible unique diversity of tribes, languages, cultures, and traditions. As the capital city of Indonesia, Jakarta is a truly “Melting Pot” which represents peoples from throughout the archipelago. Jakarta is well-developed and will be at the tourism forefront in Asia in the future. Beside the scores of high fashion shopping centers, finest culinary dining, and entertainment places, luxurious houses, hotels and apartments, the city is known as the cultural center of Indonesia. Expats living in Jakarta are able to greatly profit from the city’s cultural offerings. From jazz festivals and fashion weeks to international art exhibitions and traditional trade shows, life in Jakarta is filled to the brim with leisure activities. Jakarta is the major gateway to the rest of Indonesia. Land, air and sea transportations are available to reach the rest of the country.
DIRECT is a leading specialist teacher recruitment company with offices in Ireland and New Zealand. We source full-time jobs for our teachers in private schools all over the world. All our services are free to teachers.
Please apply for this job online. Alternatively, you can email your CV, including two teaching referees and a passport/head shot photo to email@example.com or call Ireland: +353 (0) 87 100 8988 or New Zealand: +64 (0) 21 335779.