English Language Teachers are urgently required for a highly reputable group of private schools in China – start date, ASAP!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (any discipline)
- Recognized 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certificate, CELTA, DipTESOL, or degree in education
- 2 years’ teaching experience is preferred but applicants without prior classroom experience will also be considered
- Clean criminal record
- Passion for creating nurturing environments for young learners
- Comfortable with quick refocusing to meet the needs of the school, peers, and the learning environment
This is a well-established group with campuses all over China and is the largest private international school system in the country. It operates over 100 K-12 schools with over 14,000 students and continues to expand globally with campuses in Canada, Australia and Malaysia. The schools blend Chinese and Western educational practices and philosophies, providing opportunities to deeply explore familiar subjects, while becoming at ease with fundamental elements of Western thought and practice.
- Understand and meet the requirements and learning outcomes of the schools’ ESL curricula.
- Support student’s skills development and preparation for immersive English high schools.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate high moral standards at the School and within the community.
- Deliver assigned courses using a variety of appropriate and engaging instructional methods.
- In collaboration with peers, develop detailed lesson plans aligned to both scope and student needs.
- Independently manage students to create an organized and disciplined learning environment.
- Diagnose, analyse, and differentiate lessons to meet the needs of struggling and advanced students.
- Adapt, reflect and grow in diverse professional and cross-cultural circumstances.
- Make a strong contribution to the school’s extra-curricular program including clubs and school events.
- Attend weekly assembly, staff meetings, and professional development opportunities.
Contract and Benefits:
- 21,600-30,000 USD per year based upon verified teaching experience (receive salary in RMB, USD or CAD or combination)
- Annual return flights with 100 USD baggage credit
- Free on-campus housing
- 3,000 RMB settlement allowance
- Yearly completion bonus 2,500 RMB
- Approximately 12 weeks (70 days) paid leave per year subject to province regulations and school policy
- Zero-deductible, top quality family health insurance VIP in China with emergency cover worldwide
- 3-year contract with opportunity to move between campuses/locations during this time
- Monday-Friday 7:30-16:30 schedule; approximately 8 teaching hours per day, or 25 blocks per week
- Full support for work permit, reimbursement of document authentication and visa application costs
- Subsidised fees for dependents attending a Maple Leaf International or Foreign Nationals School
- Strong professional development and in-service continuing education support
- Opportunities to transfer to academic high school roles for teachers who qualify or gain credentials
DIRECT is a leading specialist teacher recruitment company with offices in Ireland and New Zealand. We source full-time jobs for our teachers in private schools all over the world. All our services are free to teachers.
Please apply for this job online. Alternatively, you can email your CV, including two teaching referees and a profile photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.