A High School English Literature Teacher is urgently required for a top Dubai private international school - start date, January '21.
- Fully qualified English Teacher
- Degree in English Literature
- Experience teaching English to senior students (age 18)
- Minimum of 2 years' post-qualification experience
- Prior International teaching experience (firm)
- IB experience desirable
The school's core values encompass Humanitarianism and Respect. They are based on respect for the individual as a human being, regardless of background, culture, religion, philosophy. The school's motto reflects its multicultural ethos - "There is no greater joy, in the realm of the spirit, than being able to grasp part of the mystery of the world…" The core curriculum in the Elementary section includes Mathematics, Art, Music, Physical and Sports Education, Moral Education and Social Studies, and World Knowledge. At secondary level, students also study Modern Languages, History and Geography, and Science and Technology. The school offers a range of extra-curricular activities including Cookery, Watercolour Painting, English Storybook reading/writing, Drama, Music, School newspaper, Scrapbooking, Scolafoot, Sport for all, Roller-skating or Rollerblading, African dance, Sports games for younger students, and Table tennis. In addition to its modern classrooms with internet technology, the school also offers specialist classrooms including an Art room, music room, auditorium, drama room, Science laboratory, and two libraries. Behaviour is excellent and teachers are well-supported by parents and a competent senior leadership team. The school is housed in a fabulous, well-resourced building with large spacious classrooms for classes of up to 20 pupils maximum.
- 14,000AED – 18,000AED tax-free, depending on experience (accommodation allowance is built into the salary)
- 15% Bonus
- Discounted School Places for Teachers’ Children
- Flight Allowance of approx. 3,000AED per year
- Medical Insurance
- End-of-contract gratuity