DIRECT is recruiting for a top tier British private school in Malaysia that offers day and boarding places to ambitious students in the locality. They require a Senior English Teacher for August 2020. Please apply if you meet the following requirements;
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in English Language / English Literature / Linguistics
- Professional teaching qualification preferred
- Minimum of five years' teaching IGCSE First Language English (FLE) in an international school and preparing students for the IGCSE FLE examination with proven track record
- Ability to mentor other English teachers as part of a Senior Teacher role
- ICT competencies to deliver teaching and learning resources
- Ability to teach using active learning methodologies to promote student-centred learning
The school offers a work environment that is stimulating and supportive. Its success lies in its ability to work collaboratively, uphold mutual respect and carry responsibility at all times. It believes in nurturing powerful learners with wholesome character, in partnership with parents and the community. Students achieve excellent exam results and go on to attend top universities in Malaysia and beyond.
The school is in a stunning part of Malaysia, roughly halfway between Kuala Lumpur and Penang in a beautiful mountain range. The campus, designed by an award-winning architect firm, is purpose-built to support the school’s belief that ecological sustainability and environmental protection are important.
Teachers are required to perform the following responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver lessons that provide active learning experiences and build the 21st century skills
- Assess students effectively through formative (including AfL) and summative assessment
- Provide pastoral care and build student’s character
- Contribute to department and school wide activities
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders including parents
- Salary scale: RM6,500- RM11,000 (depending on experience)
- Fully furnished, non-shared apartment
- Utilities allowance (increased for teachers with families)
- Technology allowance – RM150
- Free school places for first 2 teachers’ children, 50% reduction to fees for additional children
- Flight allowance
- Relocation allowance – RM1,000- RM3,000 (depending on family status)
- Medical Insurance (for teachers)
Interviews will take place via Skype and DIRECT will provide full support with interview preparation. Please apply for this job online. Alternatively, you can email your CV, including two teaching referees and a profile photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.